Thursday, February 19, 2009

today i ran for 32 minutes without stopping or walking! i am the champion. i think i may have gone about 5k, so although my muscles are already pretty unimpressed with me, i'm happy! it was cold today, but i finally resigned myself to, how you say, "sucking it up". i also saw a man doing awesome juggling stunts in the park, and another guy doing tricks with a chinese yo-yo. the park is definitely my favorite place in bologna so far, i can't wait for the trees to get some leaves.

today somebody asked my if my hair color was natural, but they were trying to ask in english so what they actually said, heavily accented, was "excuse me signorina? explain your hair." it caught me by surprise, i won't lie. maybe it's some sort of ginger test.

speaking of gingerism, my freckles are coming in full force. it's not even march, come on!

i still have four eggs in the fridge (i bought a half-dozen so i could make my cookies) but i can't eat eggs on their own, try as i might. does anyone have any ideas for something wheat-free i could bake with them? my other cooking staples in the kitchen are rice, sugar, brown sugar, pizza dough mix, and chestnut flour.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Rice pudding?

Mom said...

How do you feel about a quiche? Use the pizza dough as a crust, or no crust. Think of the yummy things you could put in it!

Peach said...

Also, if you slice up potatoes really thinly (and possibly steam them a little first - potatoes take so long to cook!), and chop up some onion, and maybe some peppers if you like, you can put them in a dish and bake them into a tapas like thing that is apparently also referred to as a "tortilla" even though it's nothing like the grain varieties I'm used to :) Seriously yummy, though, and what don't potatoes make better...?