Wednesday, February 4, 2009

i hate the MHC registrar. i know i've mentioned it before, but i'll say it again. it's not the people i don't like, they're always very helpful, it's just the RULES they have to uphold that suck. here's the situation:

fact: my program here is requiring me to complete 20 MHC credits abroad.
problem: MHC will only allow 16 to transer, simply because i'm abroad.

fact: if only 16 of my credits from this spring transfer, i have 6 more credits to take in the fall.
problem: MHC says i have to take 14 simply to fulfill the residency requirement.

it seems like all of my awesome getting ahead and overloading and such wasn't done in the best fashion. the registrar just emailed me back and said there's no way they'll give me all 20 credits. dumb. there are just some rules i can't get around, it seems.

the second half of cultural anthropology doesn't count for anything, so i might just drop it. my program says that if we only take 4 classes instead of 5 we still get credit for 5 classes, one of which would be an F. if i chose the 4 non-F classes to be the 16 credits that transfer, that wouldn't be a problem! i'm going to discuss it with my program director.

ANYWAY.

i love being a "regular". i go to the same internet point all the time, and now i'm friends with the guy who owns it. we just had a long talk about politics and obama, and he bought me a drink. apparently he's buddies with muhammad yunus (nobel prize winner), who worked at grameen where my dad worked. muhammad yunus has also been to this internet point! small world!

No comments: