Sunday, July 27, 2008

last weekend in italy!

so yesterday i went to the island of MURANO with sky. you know, the place where they make murano glass. it was incredible! we saw a guy blowing glass, and he made a glass horse in a matter of minutes. every store was prettier than the last, and i saw the most gorgeous glasswork. sky and i made friends with lots of the store owners, because we were (gasp!) americans that could speak wonderful italian! i had a conversation with one store owner in particular who said i had such good italian that i should come to italy to teach! we talked for a while and i told him i was studying in padova and that venice was my favorite city, and when i left he gave me a free keychain. :)
after murano, we went to lido again to relax on the beach for a couple hours. the ocean was a little cold, but hey it was still a venice beach.

i've been studying and reading all day today, because tomorrow is a review day and tuesday i have all my finals! i have two written exams, one oral exam, and one timed essay.

today i also packed up one of my suitcases completely, and have the second about half packed. i have my ride to the airport organized, and am all set to go! i can't believe i only have about four days left here!

more rome pictures:
Photobucket

Photobucket
the spanish steps. can you see me?

Photobucket
not hiding anything

Photobucket
the trevi fountain!

Photobucket
in saint peter's

Photobucket
the altar in saint peter's by bernini. the twisted columns are designed after the columns of solomon's temple

Photobucket

Photobucket
saint clement's

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow - every photo is better than the last! I know you are going to do well on your exams, you are 'an american that speaks wonderful Italian'! And you are my daughter, of course. But 'good luck' anyway! Love you!

Kristina said...

Beautiful!! I'm so glad you were able to go and experience Italy! I hope to be able to do the same for our kids!